Every step of life needs to be taken with some sort of planning and decision making. There are several people who cannot figure out what sort of decision they should make. They get puzzled by the choices and possibilities. But if it happens every other time, it can cause a frequent decrement in productivity and this is no good. So, steps must be taken to avoid this situation.
1. Focus On Mission
Focusing on a mission is the most imperative part of decision making. Sometimes pressure of responsibility develops stress in mind that leads to distraction from the pivotal mission. Focus can be enhanced by practising meditation.
- On the corporate level time boxing technique must be used to avoid any delays.
- Read and Rewrite; Listen to the instructions carefully, write them down and read what you have written everyday. It will keep you focused by telling how much time you have left to complete a particular task.
2. Avoid Choice Paralysis
Choice paralysis is the decision making creep and it occurs when you have to pick one from an immense cloud of choices. When we have plenty of options, we end up doing the worst. But here we are talking about those steps that we can be taken to enhance our decision making capability.
- Narrow down the range of choices.
- Prioritize the tasks, this will shorten your choice bank and make you eligible for better decisions with fewer choices.
3. Significance Evaluation
As mentioned earlier, decision making is required on every step. It can be a life changing decision or it can be no change decision but you have to take it. We can say it is measuring the significance of the decision.
- Check the validity of the task.
- Analyze the cost of doing it.
- Analyze the cost of not doing it.
- Compare with competitors’ products.
- After the above evaluation, mark the category of the task.
4. Do Your Research
Analytical reasoning never completes without research and analysis is the basic part of strategy making. Based on the previous analysis, you can identify what mistakes have been done previously and what strategies can be adopted to avoid them. We can also say it is risk management. You have to predict what sort of risks can rise and how you can fight them based on your proper planning. But if you haven’t done research and never checked the market trend and your own tread, your project will lack proper planning, especially in case of any sudden challenge. Key steps to follow:
- Research about trending products in the market that are direct or indirect competitors of your product.
- Learn about ongoing market trends.
- Analyse your own previous business tread and its effect.
- Do risk analysis.
5. Don’t Sweat On Smaller Tasks
There are people who waste all their energy on low significance tasks so much that they lose motivation for any bigger activity. While working on a project, you have to see the bigger picture, once the real skeleton is complete, you can handle these small tasks.
- Check out your category list to find the significance.
- Focus on the completion of those tasks that are the core of the project.
- Try to lend some time for smaller tasks.
- Also make a plan for the reservation of finances and resources. If these low significance tasks don’t disturb the plan you are good to go.
6. Entertain Doubts
A project plan can work in certain scenarios but it does not mean it will be fine if a change occurs in a situation. Many people don’t like to think this way but it is very wise to consider worst case scenarios too. You have to ask yourself, what if you run out of resources before the end of the project, what if the project plan fails and what if the product never generates the calculated profit. Budget planners specially have to keep these questions in mind.
Now the solution can be;
- Make your plan flexible enough to overcome maximum obstacles.
- If your plan fails, you should have some other strategy in hand to resolve it.
- Talk with the experts.
7. Argue About It
Here the argument is not about holding a debate. Here it means, organize a healthy discussion with your team members and experts, to take their feedback and suggest your own strategy. Different opinions from different perspectives will help you to make a correct decision.